Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hospital Days

I'm sitting here doing what I do pretty much all the time now - nursing. Little Malachi is growing so much all the time so I have to feed him about every three hours, sometimes more often, and he eats for close to an hour, so I get two hours or less rest between feedings. The great thing is I have found a way to nure hands-free so I can update the blog.

Well, I want to say a little bit about the hospital stay. We loved our hospital. Everything was super when it came to the medical staff. The nurses and doctors were all great. The administrative and other types of personnel, on the other hand, were extremely irritating! I just had a baby, Josh and I had barely slept in 48 hours, but some crazy cleaning lady came in our room at 4am to change trash and clean the floors!! Why are you cleaning my floors at 4 o'clock in the morning!? We already weren't sleeping much in the night because we have a newborn baby who thinks day is night and night is day so he slept all during the day like an angel and wanted to be awake and screaming all night. Plus there are the nurses who have to check my blood pressure and temperature and Malachi's blood pressure and temperature. I just wanted to sleep and no one would let me.
But things were really great with Malachi. He was lifting his head up off of the chest of the person holding him on his first day! One of the nurses had him in the nursery to weigh him and when she brought him back she said "Ooooohh! He is STRONG! He was cryin' so I picked 'im up and we went lookin' at the other babies. He lifted his head up off my shoulder and looked at them like 'Why you all cryin'?!' I said 'Boy! What are you doin' liftin' your head up! You olny two days old! You ain't supposed to do that yet!'" So that made us feel good. It also made us laugh. Malachi also found his thumb the day he was born so he would suck his thumb. It was really cute! His itty bitty tiny thumb! Malachi also liked to move all of his fingers independently so it looked like he was a little wizard casting a love spell on us. And maybe he was casting a spell! We sure do love him a lot!

Here are a couple more pictures from the hospital. This is the first pic of Josh with his new baby boy:Here he is lifting his head, looking like a little turtle:
And this is how everyone knew he was a breech baby:
And here are three videos from the hospital. The first is Josh before my surgery, then Josh after the baby was born, ad finally me telling about the birth. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. love the videos!
    when can i come meet him??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat,

    SO Excited for you!!! Hope everything is going well and let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete