Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Third Trimester Blues

Well, hello friends and family. I bet you didn't think I'd be posting again so soon. Well, my friend Erica is also pregnant and she blogs all the time and it has motivated me to be more informative.
So, I am well into my third trimester, but I'm really just now starting to feel it. I sleep ALL . THE . TIME! Monday night I went to bed around 10 and woke up for work at 5am. I came home from work and took a nap from 2:45-7:15, went to bed again around 11:30 and woke up at 8:30 this morning. I'm ready for another nap right now. I guess my sleep isn't all that restful, though, since little Sillaboy likes to move around and wake me up a lot.
Also, I can't believe how small my bladder is! I usually wake up three times a night or so to use the bathroom, not always sure I'm going to make it to the toilet, and then hardly anything comes out! One time, I got out of the shower and used the bathroom, then I got dressed and by the time I was dressed I thought my bladder was going to explode I had to go so bad again! This happened a little in first trimester - third trimester is like three times as annoying!
I also eat a lot now. Which is funny because I thought this would be the time where my stomach is so small that I can't fit a lot of food in there. But no, the other night for dinner I ate three slices of pizza, a banana and a huge piece of cake. A normal day I could barely eat two slices of pizza. I guess this little guy just loves food!
March 5 is my baby shower here in Maryland and I am super excited. My best friend Beth is coming up from North Carolina, and Josh's sister Cherise is coming from Lynchburg!! We are going to Skype with Josh's mom and younger sisters so they can be a part of the fun, too.
On another note, March 15 will be our two year wedding anniversary! We are so excited! We bought a flip camera as a gift to ourselves, and we can't wait to start filming things for the baby, and of course after he's born, we'll be posting lots of videos of him doing cute stuff. Since so many people live so far away, we figured this would be a great investment!
I suppose this post is a little boring, but I just thought I'd give an update on what's going on with us.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy Sillaman

2 comments:

  1. Updates are never boring! I'm sad I'll be missing the shower and I hope you have an awesome time. The flip camera is a great idea. My cousin has one and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you must have forgotten to mention how completely ecstatic you are that i'm going to be at your baby shower...

    ...'cause i'm completely ecstatic =D can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete