Sunday, April 4, 2010

One Day More

HAPPY EASTER!! This time tomorrow I'll be holding a little Sillababy in my arms! We are so excited for tomorrow. My C-Section is scheduled for 9:30am and we have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am. I'm a little scared but I feel more at ease now than I did two weeks ago for sure! I talked to a lady at church this morning who had a C-section and she really made me feel better. I've just been praying that I won't be scared. I think I'm less scared of a Cesearean than I am of natural, though! Josh and I have seen this scheduled birth as a real blessing. We know exactly when we get to meet our little guy, we won't have to rush to the hospital in a panic, and we get to spend today together and celebrating our last day of pregnancy, a family of two. IT's really exciting that this is our last holiday just the two of us. It was our first major holiday married two years ago. We are celebrating the new life we have in Christ because of His resurrection! Tomorrow we know we'll be celebrating the new life God is giving us when we see that sweet little baby. It totally blows my mind to think that after nine months I'll finally get to see him in just a few hours.

Josh and I were discussing how excited we were to see the baby and Josh said "You know, I'm excited to meet him, but it makes me realize how I'm even more anxious and excited to meet Jesus!" Isn't it wonderful when something in your life reminds you and reveals to you something about your faith in Christ. We are all aflutter with excitement about meeting our son, but how much more awesome will it be to stand (or probably fall to our knees) in the presence of God's Son!! The anticipation we are feeling now is nothing compared to the anticipation of Heaven. And all of our preparation for this baby is like what we do on earth. We try to walk worthy of our calling to prepare us for the day we meet Jesus face to face.

Enjoy your Easter! We will post pictures of the baby - and his name! - here and on facebook. Here are the pictures we took last week. We'll take one more tomorrow morning before we leave.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy Sillaman

3 comments:

  1. i will be praying for you tomorrow, kat!! what an encouraging post, too =D can't wait to see his sweet face in pictures... and find out the name you two have picked out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be praying for you guys like crazy. im so excited. i love you guys so muchhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny reading this after the fact. I'm so glad you didn't have to "rush to the hospital in a panic". Oh, the irony!

    ReplyDelete