Saturday, September 19, 2009

World's Worst Blogger

So I apoogize that it's been forever since an update. It's funny: they say that weeks 6-10 or so are the hardest, and those have been the weeks I didn't update! Well, for the most part, I just haven't had much to say. I've been kind of sick, but not as bad as I've seen other people get. I have only thrown up three times, and only one of those was at work. Most of the time I just feel weird inside. I feel like if someone bumps me, I'll throw up ... or burp. The two feelings are kind of indisctintive. I'm feeling sick all the time and then I just burp. ALL THE TIME. And I randomly gag on nothing. I'll be driving down the road, singing some tunes, and - gag - gross. But nothing really happens. Hopefully this phase of my pregnancy is almost over.

Josh and I have come to the conclusion that we can't stay in this apartment when the baby comes. It is just too small. We went and looked at two places. One of them we were really not impressed with. The unit they showed us had cabinets hanging off the hinges, it smelled badly of old cigarettes and wet dog, the smoke alarm was screeching for a new battery the whole time we were there, and a light was hanging out of its socket. If this is the way they "take so much pride in" their units, according to the leasing agent, we aren't interested. The other place we looked at was Chesapeake Glen, which used to be Green Tree, which scares us a little. However, the leasing office was much more professional, the model unit was absolutely gorgeous, and she said they have a maintenance guarantee that if you put in a call and they aren't there within 24 hours, you get a credit!

We have friends who lived there until recently when they bought a house, so we called them and they said that they never had problems with maintenance, there were a couple of months of safety complaints, but Chesapeake Glen nipped it in the bud quickly. So, that's where we're going! The apartment will have two bedrooms, one full bath, a washer and dryer and a dishwasher!!! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the dishwasher!!


W
ell, as for the Sillababy, he or she is just growing right along! We get to hear the heartbeat next Tuesday, and we are super excited for that! According to babycenter.com, Sillababy is over an inch or so long and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. Our baby is no longer an embryo and is now a fetus! Some of the vital organs — including the kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver — are in place and starting to function. Sillababy also has tiny nails forming on fingers and toes and peach-fuzz hair growing on its little baby skin. Our baby's limbs can bend now, and in the coming weeks, our little baby will double in size — to nearly 3 inches.


Here are some photo updates. My belly at ten weeks looks like it might be growing a bit. Josh's hair at five weeks after shaving it is DEFINITELY growing. I've put on somewhere between 1-3 pounds. Josh has put on about 7, so he's growing faster than me, but Sillababy and I are trying to catch up!!


Love,
Mommy and Daddy Sillaman

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the apt! That was fast! God is good. :) Haha, Josh, you need to let up on those pastries, bro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi =)

    you still owe us dinner. august has come and gone...

    fyi wednesday and friday nights are good for us, and so are weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you guys and miss you so much. i was just telling beccah the other day how terrible of a blogger you are! dont worry you're forgiven! =]

    ReplyDelete