Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Six Weeks

Sunday I was six weeks, and I'm beginning to feel it. I got some morning sickness last week and I've just been generally not feeling well. I kind of always have an upset stomach, which is fine. It doesn't really interfere with anything I'm trying to do, but I'm not hungry very much because of it and that's not very good since I need to make sure I'm eating well. There's not really anything I want to eat; I'm mostly just eating because I know I have to.



I did go shopping the other day, though, and I bought some maternity clothes. Not because I'm showing, but because I have this fear that I'm going to wake up one morning with a baby bump and none of my clothes will fit! So I got something I can wear to work, something for every day, and something for church. I'm getting so nervous about everything! And I know I don't need to be, but the baby consumes my every thought and then I start to worry "Is the timing okay?," "How are we going to afford this?," "What if I don't eat right and my baby is a mutant?!?!?!" So I try to calm myself and remind myself that God is sovreign, and He is taking care of everything for me. He already has it all planned out, so I do not need to worry.



I would love for you to pray for our finances, of course, and also that we could get a slightly bigger apartment. I would really like to have another bedroom and a dishwasher. Josh and I both HATE washing dishes as it is. When the baby comes along, I'm sure it will just get worse.



Here's my six weeks picture ... not much change ... YET!



Love,

Mommy and Daddy Sillaman

4 comments:

  1. i love you! and whenever im around, ill come over and wash dishes mmkay? =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry. if sillababy is a mutant, we won't let sam make fun of him. they can still be best friends. but um, if sillababy is a girl, don't be offended if we withdrawl the betrothal idea. i mean, i don't want my kid marrying a mutant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear sillababy,
    tell your mom to update the blog, please. since she can't hear you yet, you may need to communicate in unconventional ways. i have found that the key to making mommy move is found in the bladder. locate, and kick. or sit. or push. whatever it takes. thanks.
    love,
    sam.

    ReplyDelete