Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Big News

Thursday, July 30 was already a big day. Josh's parents and little sisters were moving to Colorado. We said our tearful goodbyes Wednesday night, and wished them safe travels Thursday morning. It was also Day Four of Vacation Bible School, which I was directing. I had a headache all day. I was tired and hungry all day, more than usual! In the middle of VBS that day I had a thought and ran to WalMart to buy a pregnancy test.
When we got home from VBS, I took the test, and watched as it came up positive! "JOSH!" I yelled. He came tearing into the bathroom and looked. "Are you pregnant????" he asked and I nodded. We hugged and kissed and got freaked out and laughed and praised the Lord.
Then we called my mom. She was so excited to find out she's going to have another grandchild. We called Josh's sister Julia. No answer. We called his sister Amanda. No answer!! Then we called my dad and I told him I was getting him a present. He asked how much it would cost him and I told him "a lot!" He asked how much it would cost me and I said "I'll be paying for it for the next 18 years at least!" He was so excited to find out.
Then we finally got ahold of Amanda, who guessed right away. Josh said "Hey I have something to tell you," and Amanda said "Is Kat pregnant???" Dad Sillaman said he was ready to turn around and come right back, he was so excited about becoming a grandpa!
Amanda called Julia and Mom Sillaman on the radio and they didn't believe her. Julia's phone kept breaking up but through text messages we finally convinced them that I AM pregnant. Josh talked to Cherise and she is thrilled to become an aunt. We've since been able to talk to Julia and Mom Sillaman and they are so happy for us and so excited to have this new addition to our family!
We went to lunch with the Pastor and his family. Josh prayed and said "Lord, thank You for the great news we got today about Kat's little baby." They went crazy!! Lynette thought Josh was joking. She said "Are you kidding?" and then when she believed us she said "I just thought 'That's kind of an inappropriate joke, Josh.'" NO JOKE!!
I had to work that night and it was so hard to concentrate on anything! I just wanted to be home celebrating with Josh! We went to Hella's last night with our friends Ashley and Geoff to celebrate (Ashley is about four months pregnant now)!
We have only told a few very close friends so far. We have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to make sure everything is ok, and after that we'll start spreading the news! We think the due date is April 11, 2010, which is Julia's 18th birthday!
We're going to West Virginia this weekend to tell Bobby, Rachel, Jimmy and Anneliese. Can't wait!!!

Mommy and Daddy Sillaman

4 comments:

  1. HOOORAY!!!!! i'm so glad you are growing a friend for Nugget. and we can't wait to meet sillababy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! =) And am so excited to meet little Sillababy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very blessed to be a very close friend. And this blog was a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear dear Sillababy I am the grandmother of one of your best friends..can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete