Thursday, August 6, 2009

To The Doctor

We went to the doctor on Tuesday. It was pretty uneventful, although I do think I have the greatest doctor in the world. He's awesome. He talked to us for a few minutes, told Josh that this visit is boring, but once we start hearing the heartbeat in a few weeks, they get more fun! He did an exam and said that I feel swollen, which in this case is good! He also ordered some blood work, which will check all of my pregnancy levels and say exactly how far along we are. So I went to get my blood work done. I HATE NEEDLES! I sat down in the chair and I said to the lady "I know you probably hear this all the time, but I hate this. Like I REALLY REALLY hate it a lot!" She laughed and said "Well, honey, you're going to have to do it a few more times during your pregnancy." WHAT?!?!? Oh no ... Why did I have to go and get pregnant? But my phlebotomist was awesome. I looked the other way and she started talking to me about my iPhone. Well, you know if someone wants to talk to me about my iPhone, I won't shut up, so it wasn't that bad. I'm glad she distracted me. I'll probably hear back about the results on Tuesday.

We leave tomorrow to go to WV for my ten year reunion. I can't wait to tell the rest of my family in person!!! We were sad that we couldn't tell the Sillamans in person, so we are excited to see the look on brothers' and sister's faces! Rachel, I hope you're not mad that I waited to tell you!!

Lately, I've just been thinking about how the Lord is so good. He has always helped us look to Him in every aspect of our marriage and even when we haven't understood things, God has given us a peace that, though we can't understand, He does. I don't understand why He loves me enough to give me such a fantastic husband, or to give me the opportunity to experience creating a new life inside me, but He does, and with Him, I know we can be good parents. We are praying for the little Sillababy to be healthy and to grow to love the Lord. Also, we're praying that the Lord will provide for us financially, as well help us get enough rest, and have strength to do everything we need to do.

Love,
Mom and Dad Sillaman

No comments:

Post a Comment