Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Country Roads, Take Me Home

We went to Huntington this weekend to go to my ten year reunion and to tell the rest of the family about the little Sillababy. We had so much fun! Everyone is really excited and my sister sent me home with a crate of maternity clothes and a long list of stuff she wants me to take next time I come home. I'm so lucky to have my big sister! She's got a crib, a cradle, a rocker, a car seat, and a LOT more left from when Anneliese was a baby.

My class reunion went pretty well. I got to see quite a few of my friends from the old days, but it was a bit too short. I did let everyone know about the baby and they were all happy for me. MY friend Angela is about four months along with her third, so that was fun to talk to her.


We spent a lot of time with Anneliese, and that made me even more excited to have one of our own. She's so smart and such fun, which totally runs in the family!! We also spent some time with my friends Rachel and Rebekah and told them about the baby. Of course, they're thrilled. We got home and checked the mail to find a very sweet card from the Geffkens congratulating us! Thanks Andy and Erica!!


I heard back from the doctor today and he said he got the results for the bloodwork and everything looks good. Our next appointment is September 1, so that should be exciting. I posted on facebook about the baby, so I've gotten a few phone calls, texts, and about 100 wall/photo posts! It makes me feel pretty special!

Josh wanted to do something special in honor of the baby, so he shaved his head and beard. He's not going to cut it or shave again until the baby is born! I'll post pictures of his progress wth mine! For now, here's Day One:

and Good Night!!
Love,
Mommy and (Bald) Daddy Sillaman

4 comments:

  1. wow, i think thats a great idea for josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha .. no he didn't shave his chest. He joked about it though! I like the idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness Josh, this is exactly what sillababy will look like! won't he (or she) be adorable?

    ReplyDelete